Monday 5 August 2013

Introduction

Strangers & Black Carnival
Dance/drama scenarios

I began my professional career in the theater, where after four years I became Associate Director of the Oxford Playhouse Company.


Here I worked with and directed such artists as Judi Dench, Ian McKellan, Leonard Rossiter, Francesca Annis, Roy Kinnear, Leo McKern and many others.

Since then, I have retained my interest in the theater - as a stage designer and creator of large, and elaborate three-dimensional 'stage sets' .

The Masque from Shakespeare's The Tempest
In my subsequent career as a TV Producer/Director I had little time for stage work but kept writing in the hope that one day I might return to my first love - physical theater.

This current project consists of two scenarios for the stage - physical dance/drama pieces inspired by the contrasting work of Francisco Goya and Jack Vettriano.

This blog is an attempt to show you how I propose to achieve this project and to reveal work in progress over the months ahead.

 Draft set design by Mike Healey

As yet this work is speculative - I have no theater company remotely interested but these are early days. As my own thoughts become clearer and a script/scenario emerges, then I will share with you that progress. 

Mike Healey

No comments:

Post a Comment